Quiz New Year 2011/12
- True or False? One of the Titanic’s four funnels was just for show and did not emit fumes.
- True or False? To celebrate the new country of Southern Sudan, the government announced a plan for the capital city to be rebuilt in the shape of a rhinocerous, and the second city Wau to be rebuilt in the shape of a zebra.
- True or false? Teflon-coated frying pans, Velcro and cordless power tools are all spin-off discoveries of the space missions.
- In a farmyard, there are some black sheep and white sheep. Each white sheep can see as many white sheep as black sheep, but each black sheep can see twice as many white sheep as black sheep. How many sheep are in the farmyard altogether?
- True or false? The Eiffel Tower is the most-visited paid monument in the world.
- True or false? When it was built, in 1889, the Eiffel Tower was the tallest man-made structure in the world.
- Don Rowe attempts to rearrange the letters of his name into one word. Is this possible?
- I have 25 ties divided equally into five different colours. If I was blindfolded, how many would I have to pick out to be sure of having one of each colour?
- If only one of the following statements is true, how many beans have I got?
I’ve got ten or more beans.
I’ve got less than ten beans.
I’ve got at least one bean.
- Which is the odd one out?
President Jaramogi Ajuma Oginga Odinga
President El Hadj Omar Bongo Ondimba
President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan
President Canaan Sodindo Banana
- If you have the same amount of money as your friend, how much money should you give him so that he will have £10 more than you?
- Who picked a peck of pickled peppers?
- How many wives of Henry VIII were beheaded?
- What was the name of Tintin’s faithful dog?
- Two days ago Bert was 20. Next year he will be 23. How can this be possible?
- What object can you cut clean through, and be left with one object with two ends?
- Who is the bear in The Jungle Book?
- In which sport do you have a short stop and you can have a pinch hitter, a long reliever or a closer?
- Since 1975, what sport must be played right-handed even if you are left-handed?
- How many balls are there on a snooker table at the start of a game?
- Which is the largest country without an airport?